Nombor Telefon:
060 3277 27321

Work and Holiday Visa Subclass 462



The Australia Work and Holiday Visa is for citizens of certain countries aged between 18 and 30 inclusive who want to go to Australia to experience its culture, see its fantastic sights and do some work to support your stay. The visa enables you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months and take up casual employment to help fund your stay. Our partners at Visafirst can arrange this visa for you.



There are just a few conditions that you need to meet with if you plan to head Down Under on this Australian work visa:

  • Be aged between 18 and 30 inclusive;
  • Hold a passport from an eligible country (see list below);
  • Have sufficient enough funds to cover your initial stay in Australia (AUD 5,000) and be able to purchase a return or onward ticket;
  • Cannot travel with dependent children;
  • Be of good health and of good character;
  • You must apply for this visa when you are outside of Australia at the time of application and at the time of visa grant;
  • Have not entered Australia on a working holiday visa or a work and holiday visa previously;
  • Meet educational requirements and speak functional English;
  • Except for US and Chinese nationals, you must have a letter of support from your government.

Countries eligible to apply for a Working Holiday Visa to Australia are:
  • Online applications: United States of America
  • Paper based applications: Argentina, Bangladesh, Chile, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay

Requirements & Entitlements

  • You have 12 months to activate your visa from the date that the visa is granted. You activate your visa once you land by passing through Australian Immigration.
  • Once activated, you can remain in Australia for up to 12 months on your Australian Work & Holiday visa. If you have another visa application submitted during this time, you may stay longer on your new visa once it is granted.
  • You may work with the same employer in Australia for up to 6 months on your Work & Holiday visa.
  • The visa allows you multiple entry to travel in and out of Australia as often as you wish during your 12 months.
  • You are permitted to study in Australia for a period of up to 4 months on a working holiday visa.
  • You can stay longer in Australia if you apply for another visa (including sponsorship, student, residency visas) if you meet the requirements and apply in time.
  • You can apply for a second Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462) if you work for 88 days in the agriculture, hospitality or tourism industries in Northern Australia. Northern Australia is deemed to be the Northern Territory and those parts of Western Australia and Queensland which are north of the tropic of Capricorn.


The Work and Holiday visa is ideal if you are looking to experience the Australian culture and relaxed way of life while having the opportunity to do some work to help fund your trip. You can even secure the option to obtain a second Work and Holiday visa by doing specified work in certain parts of Australia. More details on this second year visa will be announced shortly.

You have the opportunity to meet with and impress employers who could potentially sponsor you for a sponsorship visa or even permanent residency. This will enable you (and your dependents) to live and work in Australia permanently if you are eligible. More information can be found in our other visas section.

Other Visa Options

More information can be found about other visa options to remain longer in Australia in our other visas section.